2019 Thrive Conference
When: October 7th through 9th, 2019
Where: Hotel Viking in Newport, RI
Budget: $400/person for registration plus $219/night for hotel.
Use promo code: COWORKER to save 10% on multiple registrations
You're invited to attend the 2019 Thrive Conference presented by Lucro Commercial Solutions. This year's Thrive Conference will be held at the Hotel Viking in Newport, Rhode Island. Thrive is a great resource for you and your credit union to earn educational credits. Plus, you'll hear from industry leaders on best practices so you can improve efficiencies and member service.
If you have dietary restrictions, please email conference coordinator, Christine Poole at Christine.email@example.com.
Monday, October 7th
Check-in begins at 3 p.m.
Tuesday, October 8th
Starts at 8 a.m.
His humorous style and street savvy approach have taken him to 49 states where he has served as keynote and breakout presenter for state and national banking associations. Hubbard returned in 2017 for his 32nd year as an award-winning faculty member of ABA’s School of Bank Marketing and Management. He has since retired from that school. He has instructed at ABA’s Stonier Graduate School of Banking for 17 years. He is a popular, 5-year teacher at Graduate School of Banking in Madison, WI.
Cristian deRitis is a senior director at Moody's Analytics, where he develops econometric credit models for a variety of asset classes. His regular analysis and commentary on credit, housing, mortgage markets, financial regulatory reform, and the broader economy appear on the firm's Economy.com website and in other publications. He is regularly quoted in publications such as the Wall Street Journal and New York Times for his views on the economy and consumer credit markets.
Before joining the Moody Analytics West Chester, PA operation, Cristian worked for Fannie Mae and taught at Johns Hopkins University. He received his Ph.D. in economics from Johns Hopkins University and is named on two U.S. patents for credit modeling techniques.
As an Author, Keynote Speaker, Workshop Leader and University Professor, Gail shares her brand of positivity and living life to the fullest. Her energetic, engaging, educational and inspirational presentations, focused on leadership, time management and career excellence have been shared throughout the nation and internationally at corporations, universities, conferences, workshops, and webinars. Clients include; Amica Mutual Insurance, Hasbro, Biogen, Southwest Airlines, State Street Bank, , Blue Cross/Blue Shield, US Army, Brown University, Panera Bread, Sinclair Communications Cox Communications (national & local), MGM Grand, Marriott Corporation (international and local)
Wednesday, October 9th
8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Lucro will unveil Digital Lending Center V2 – an in-depth look at our new Digital Application Portal where your members and prospects can apply for a business loan 24/7. New features include CU branding and messaging, CU credit metrics and self serve automated real-time credit memos on score only transactions.
And while you’re in NEWPORT
- Discover Newport’s influence on US history with a Narrated Scenic Tour or Walking Tour
- Re-live the “Gilded Age” with a tour of an elegant Bellevue AvenueMansion
- Travel back in time at one of Newport’s Art or Historical Museums
- Experience the history of tennis and its greatest players at The International Tennis Hall of Fame
- Invigorate yourself with a nature hike to star-gaze or bird-watch at The Norman Bird Sanctuary
- Re-live the colonial era and explore the tunnels at Fort Adams, dating back to the Revolutionary War
- Read George Washington’s letter praising “Religious Liberty” at America’sOldest Synagogue
- Browse books dating back to the 1450s at America’s Oldest Lending Library, Redwood
- Cruise miles of scenic coastline along the magnificent Ocean Drive
- Walk the famous Cliff Walk, a National Recreation Trail, and don’t forget your camera
- Watch students learn the craft of wooden boat building at the InternationalYacht Restoration School, home to the “Glided Age” yacht Coronet currently under restoration
- Discover history in the inscriptions found in The Meeting Room, a park within Queen Anne Square
- Experience one of the many options to see Newport from the water with a Harbor Tour
- Thames Glass Studio allows visitors to take lessons in glassblowing and create their own piece of art
- Experience a tour & tasting at one of our three local Vineyards or at Coastal Extreme Brewing Co
- Treat yourself to the freshest seafood or experience Italian, Thai, French, Indian, sushi, or whatever suits your tastes, at one of our Waterfront Restaurants
- Wander the quaint cobblestone wharves filled with unique Shops, Restaurants, and Galleries
- Or search Newport’s extensive Calendar of Events and see what pulls you in at…DiscoverNewport.org
From T.F. Green Airport (27 mi)
Take I-95 South to Route 4 (Exit 9). Follow Route 4 South, which becomes Route 1 South, to Route 138 East. Cross the Jamestown and Newport bridges. Take the first exit off Newport Bridge toward Scenic Newport. At the base of the exit, turn right. Follow to the second light, and turn left. At the stop sign, turn slightly right onto Thames Street. Follow to the first stoplight, and turn left onto Touro Street. Follow to the second stoplight. The hotel is on the right-hand side.
From Providence Area (30 mi)
Take I-95 South to Route 4 (Exit 9 is a left-lane exit). Follow Route 4 South, which becomes Route 1 South. Take exit marked Route 138 East to the Jamestown/Verrazano Bridge. Cross over the bridge & you'll come to the Newport Claiborne Pell Bridge ($4.00 toll each way to cross). Take the first exit off the Pell Bridge (sign says “Scenic Newport.”). At the base of the exit ramp, turn right onto Farewell Street. Follow to the second traffic light, and bear left. At the stop sign, bear right onto Thames Street. At the first traffic light, turn left onto Touro Street. Follow up the hill to the second traffic light. Turn right into the Hotel Viking's driveway at One Bellevue Avenue.
From Boston (70 mi)
Follow Route 93 South to Route 24 South which merges and becomes Route 114 South (West Main Rd). Follow 114 South for approximately 6 miles until you enter Newport. Route 114 South then becomes Broadway. Follow Broadway past the Newport Hospital (on the left). After a few blocks, you will see a Dunkin Donuts on the left. The first left hand turn after that is Ayrault St. Take your first left on Ayrault street and follow to the 1st stop sign and turn right onto Kay St. Follow Kay St. to the traffic light and Hotel Viking is located straight through the intersection.
From New York (170 mi)
Follow I-95 North to Rhode Island. Take Exit 3A (Route 138 East), and follow until you come to the junction joining Route 1. Take a left at that junction and stay on Route 1 North for about a mile. You'll then take the right-hand exit that will put you back onto Route 138 East. At that point, follow signs for Jamestown/Verrazano Bridge and Newport/Claiborne Pell Bridge. ($4.00 toll to cross the Pell Bridge each way). Take the first exit off the Pell Bridge (sign says “Scenic Newport.”). At the base of the exit ramp, turn right onto Farewell Street. Follow to the second traffic light, and bear left. At the stop sign, bear right onto Thames Street. At the first traffic light, turn left onto Touro Street. Follow up the hill to the second traffic light. Turn right into the Hotel Viking's driveway at One Bellevue Avenue.